2019 Boston Crusaders Production: Goliath
The Biblical account of David and Goliath is a classic lesson of courage, wisdom and perseverance. Today, the phrase “David and Goliath” refers to an underdog scenario; a competition where a smaller, weaker opponent faces a much larger and stronger adversary. Through careful planning and enormous human will, the “David” character finally defies overwhelming odds to emerge victorious.
The Boston Crusaders display and develop the inherent drama and emotion of this underdog story. Drawing on familiar themes from literature and film, contrast and scale literally and figuratively set the stage for this epic portrayal. The 2019 production delivers a powerful combination of variety and conceptual continuity while guiding viewers through the life-long process of innocence, preparation, and conflict to arrive at the ultimate moment of truth.
- Enough of Our Machines – Son Lux
- Everybody Wants to Rule the World – Tears for Fears (Roland Orzabal, Ian Stanley, Chris Hughes)
- On the Shoulders of Giants – Peter Graham
- Giant Steps – John Coltrane
- My Shot – Lin-Manuel Miranda
- Fanfare for Rocky – Bill Conti
- Once Upon a Castle – Michael Daugherty