Jingle Jam Recap
On Sunday, December 6th, the Boston Crusaders took to the internet for our first ever Jingle Jam holiday celebration. Featuring performances from our alumni, members, and professional musicians, Jingle Jam served as a way for Crusader Nation to celebrate together from all over the world.
Throughout the evening, we were treated to performances featuring a wide array of genres and styles. From a steel pan rendition of “Feliz Navidad,” to an original rap, a bossa nova version of “Wicked Game,” and a creative jazz trio performed by one, there was no shortage of entertainment throughout the night! Our performers took on the challenge of creating fun, original content, and blew us away with what they created!
Thank you to all of the featured performers including:
- Austin Bullock, 2020 member
- Sofia Da Silva and Adolfo Salgueiro, alumni
- Diana Loomer, alumna, and Morgan Tao of Blue Iron Percussion
- Damon Grant, professional percussionist
- Mike Pantanella, senior corps member
- John McGovern, alumnus
- Leander High School Percussion
- North Star Brass
- Cedar Hayes, alumna
- Angie Mayhue, alumna
- Claudia Taylor Johnson High School Band and Legacies Dance Team
- Mason Clark, 2020 member
If you missed the performances, check out the full stream below! Plus, keep your eye on our social media as we replay featured performers throughout the season!
Between performances, we were pleased to honor the Hall of Fame Class of 2019. Through this virtual platform, we welcomed many of our Hall of Fame inductees and Honorary Crusaders to recognize their years of service to the corps.
- John Stark, Honorary Crusader
- Jay Kennedy, Honorary Crusader
- Jim Centorino 1967-1971
- Rich Gobbi 1959-1965
- Rita Marshall 1972-1973
- Lee Wells-Smith 1980-1982
- Ginny Pitts Commander 1973-1976
Thanks to the generosity of 100 donors, we are over halfway to our goal of $80,000 with three weeks left! So far, we raised over $42,000. Thanks to all of our donors who supported the Jingle Jam, we will have a head start as we prepare to return to the field in 2021!